This year, I decided that I want to really think about all that I have to be thankful for. So, here comes a cheesy blog post about my wonderful life! First, I am thankful to be the child of a God who loves me and wants me to be happy. Second, I am thankful for the most wonderful, selfless, and amazing man in the world that I am privileged enough to have for a husband. Will is more than I could ever possibly deserve, and his love never fails to amaze me. Next, I am thankful for the blessing of raising my two newphews, Tony and Drew. Even when they make me crazy (they are teenagers, after all!), I would not trade one moment spent with them. I am thankful for Belle, my sweet niece, who makes me smile even on the worst of days and who I have been given the privilege of caring for while her parents work. I am also thankful for my mom and my sister, who have supported me without question in everything I do. I am thankful for Will's family, who never hesitates to do whatever we ask of them any time we ask and who love my nephews as if they were their own as well. I am thankful for the time God allowed us to have with my other sister, Gayle, and my other precious niece, Nikki, before He took them home to Heaven. Every moment we had was precious, and I am so blessed to have known them and called them family. I am thankful that my family never has to go hungry and has a house to live in. I am thankful for my four-legged friends who are always more excited to see me than any human being has ever been. I am thankful for friends and family who have supported me throughout this crazy adoption roller coaster ride.
And, this year, I can finally say I am thankful for my child, sweet Ariana. She is the most amazing blessing and I cannot wait to bring her home. I am also more thankful than you can imagine for the amazing woman who gave birth to Ariana and who has made it possible for me to be a mother at last. Her strength and love are without compare, and I will be eternally thankful for her.
I hope that everyone has a great Thanksgiving and that you all take time to think about all the things in life you have to be thankful for.




6 comments:
Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving. It's 8 am and I am checking up on sneaky updates -- Here I set crying with blessed joy reading your "thankful" blog -- a great way to start my "thankful" day -- I am so privileged to Share life with my amazing Husband and family as well -- THANK YOU GOD! I still can't get thru my head that I AM A MOM and about to bring home my precious Daughter, Hope. This has to be the greatest gift of my lifetime after the gift of Salvation. -- Nothing can top either one of them.-- Finally -- I get to be a MOM! Oh, how long I have waited to hold my Child-- with no answers in sight and now finally many years later, God's timing has been perfect and he has answered my Hearts desire-- THANK YOU GOD! I am so undeserving of all of these blessings--- and yet so blessed of God, his great love and mercy -- is so beyond -- there is none like unto him! Thank you for the friend that you have been to me, Aileen. I have not even met you -- but that is how Great our God is! Blessings to you and your Family! "WE ARE PARENTS-- this Thanksgiving Year"
Rachael
What a great post. I have been following your journey and I wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving.
My prayers and thoughts are with you.
Suzanne
www.ourlittlefaith.blogspot.com
Happy Thanksgiving! It is wonderful to see such a spirit of thankfulness. I enjoy reading your blog, and I can't wait to hear about your visit trip. Ariana is just beautiful!
First let me say that this is a GREAT post, not cheesy. Your daughter is adorable. I know that you will have an awesome trip. Where are you staying? I visited 8 times, if you need any pointers. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I can't wait to see pics of her in your arms.
OMG! She is Gorgeous!
you are very lucky! hope you have a smooth and speedy process!
Kathy G.
Such a sweet post. I will be praying for you as you approach the arrival of your sweet little lady! You are in for such an amazing ride!
Post a Comment