Come visit my brothers Ben, Nico & Ethan at http://www.keepingthefaithadoption.blogspot.com/


Monday, January 28, 2008

Please continue to pray for us

We have been awed and humbled by the outpouring of love and sympathy we have received from our families, friends, and fellow bloggers. This has been the most difficult time of our lives, which is saying a lot if you know any of our family history. We have a lot of unanswered questions and things surrounding our daughter's death are not as they seem. Please pray for us to find the answers we need and for us to handle the information we receive in a way that honors Ariana and her foster family.

We also ask that everyone pray for the future of adoptions in Guatemala. In our hearts, we feel such a connection to this country and that our other children are there or soon will be. Please pray that the governments of Guatemala and the United States will hear the cries of these children and us adoptive parents and allow adoptions to continue and families to be formed. We are down, but not out. Our hearts are broken and will likely never be fully whole again, but we are also full of love for Ariana, Guatemala, and the people of Guatemala. Please pray that we will be able to share this love with another child of Guatemala soon. Also please continue to pray for Ariana's amazing foster family-Silvia, Gustavo, and their three children. They love sweet Ariana as their own and are having a tough time adjusting to life without her. Thank you for all of your love and support through this nightmare.

18 comments:

Live to love and laugh said...

I am so sorry for you. I pray God would continue to offer you peace as you heal.

The gFamily said...

I am amazed by your strength! I think and pray for you often! May God continue to grant you peace!

hannah said...

I am so proud that you have so much strength during this time. I will continue to pray for you and your family as you face the decisions and what is ahead of you. I pray that you have peace and strenght to persue another Guatemala adoption. May God hold you in His arms.

May God Bless
Hannah

The Baileys said...

You are being lifted up tonight in Arkansas. My heart is heavy for the loss of your precious baby girl. (We read thewheelerjourney and found your link.)

demp5 said...

Aileen,
You have such a gift with words. In your post, you are asking for prayer; but at the same time, you are putting the reader at ease. God has given you something special. I will continue to pray for your family and for a strong sense of God's leading in your adoption decisions.
Blessings~
Meghan

Chanan, Rachael and Hope said...

Aileen -- It is good to see that you have written. It brings a consoling and a new breathe of life I feel to Ariana's memories here. I visit quite alot and to see life again on her site has encouraged me that her memory continues and did not stop with a last entry... but the Love for her and her people continues.......

Guatmama said...

Although, I just found your blog I am brought to tears. Thinking of you and praying for you as you endure this grand loss.

Cheri said...

I just found your blog as I was looking at when you are traveling. I am so sorry and I know that no words can help, but though I don't know you, I will pray God will comfort you and your husband! My husband and I are adopting as well and our daughters were born on the same day. I will pray that God will bring your next child in HIS timing. Cheri

Becca said...

I just found your blog. Know that I am praying for you and that your daughter is resting in the arms of Our Lord. I am so very sorry. There is nothing to say except that I am praying for your family.

Becca

Kelli said...

My heart is aching for you. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts.

Lisa and Madeline said...

I found your blog through BECCA, one of my blog buddies. I am so sorry for your loss. May God, friends, and family comfort you at this time.

Lisa

Tabitha said...

Words cannot express what my heart feels for you and your family. You and your family will be in my prayers. I hope you find comfort and strength in your faith.

Tabitha

Robyn said...

My heart goes out to you!! I am continuing to lift you up in prayer!!

Robyn

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

I am praying so much for y'all!! I really can't get you off my heart. I am also praying for the future of Guatemalan adotions. I know that you are going to be incredible parents....because you were to Ariana. I am so proud of your strength.

Praying,
Lindsey Wheeler

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

You are still being prayed for. Hugs to you....I am sure your sister is taking great care of Ariana and they are both smiling at you right now as you take care of her kids.

Our Adoption said...

I continue to think about you and pray for you. May the Lord guide you as you search for answers and hope. May He give you strength and peace. May he be with you always. And most of all, may he grant you the family you've always dreamed of.

Ava Bella said...

Hi,

I still think of and pray for you often. I hope the healing for you and your family has started. We miss hearing from you, but completely understand your need to heal right now. We look forward to hearing from you when you are ready!!

Katie
guatebaby.blogspot.com

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Just wanted you to know that I'm still praying! I can't imagine how much your hearts must be shattered.

Lindsey Wheeler

Guatemala Flag

Guatemala Flag