Come visit my brothers Ben, Nico & Ethan at http://www.keepingthefaithadoption.blogspot.com/


Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Rest in Peace, Sweet Baby Girl

Today we received a call that no parent should ever have to receive. Our precious baby girl, the light of my life, has died. She developed pneumonia and spent the last two days in the hospital receiving treatments. It was just too much for her little body to handle. There are no words to express the pain and loss we are dealing with. I know that God has a plan for us, and for her, but right now I am having a very hard time seeing what that plan might be. Please pray for us, for her foster family, and for her birth mom in this sad time.

To my precious Ariana Maria,
I would bear every bit of this pain again for just one moment with you. For one sweet week, I got to hold you in my arms and truly be a Mommy. It was the most amazing week of my life. I will remember you forever, sweet ninacita. Please know that you will always be a part of me. I love you so much, precious baby. I know the last thing I said to you was "Via con Dios". I didn't have any idea how true those words would be. I pray that you are safe in the arms of Jesus now and that you won't have to suffer anymore. Say hello to your Aunt Gayle and Nikki for me, baby. I love you, child of my heart. Always and forever.
Love,
Your Mommy

118 comments:

Greg & Maria Voss said...

Aileen, my heart absolutely breaks for you and Will. I am so very sorry for your loss. I know you will carry Ariana Maria in your hearts forever. May God keep you in His care and help to heal your heart. I will continue to pray for your healing.

demp5 said...

Aileen,
I will be praying for you all. Jesus, please wrap this family in your arms and give them your peace. Help them to feel your presence as they struggle through this time. I pray that they would know your love as never before.
Blessings~
Meghan

Anonymous said...

Aileen and Will,

You know that I will be praying for you. My heart is just broken for you right now. Ariana was such a beautiful girl and you could tell just by her photos that she has such a sweet spirit. I know there is a special plan you guys. Please have faith in that. I will be here if you need me.

Beth said...

Dear Aileen & Will,
We are so sorry to learn about your loss. Ariana was a truly beautiful baby girl,and you were each so blessed to be a family.
This short poem was shared a funeral of another angel taken too soon, perhaps it will speak to you:

How very softly you tiptoed into my world, Almost silently, only for a moment you stayed. But what an imprint your footsteps have left upon my heart.

I pray God moves in to provide your family comfort in this sad, sad time.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Aileen and Will,

Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers in this great time of loss for your family. God, please send this special family Your strength and peace. God, please keep sweet baby Ariana by Your side forever. In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. AMEN.

With Our Deepest Sympathy,
George, Judy and Peter Jack Mendoza

Katie said...

Aileen & Will , There are truly no words I can say to comfort you but please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you .

nora said...

I can not possibly begin to express my sympathy and condolences. I will pray for peace for both of you.

Anonymous said...

I am more sorry than I can say. This is such a tragic loss. What a sweet and happy looking daughter she was.

Susie said...

Oh Aileen, my heart is broken for you and I have no words that will ever be able to ease your pain...but of God does...His Word is the truth. I have been on your blog daily checking in to see if you have any new info. You and your husband are so in my prayers. I wish I could help ease your pain. God will fill this void in your heart with His perfect peace and love, and His plan for you will be fulfilled. Praise God that your darling daughter rests in the arms of her Savior.

Fx mom said...

I am so sorry for your loss of Ariana. The world is a little bit darker of a place now without her. I am sending many prayers your way.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking for you and your family right now. I can't imagine how difficult this is for you. I am so sorry for your loss. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful tribute to your little girl. she will always be your little baby girl in your heart and soul. i'm sorry for your loss, i can't even imagine the pain you feel right now. i'm so sad for you and your family and her foster family and her birthmother. Big hugs to you and i will pray for your little girl. God has met her in heaven and she will be your angel always. My heartfelt sympathy to you. She was truly a beautiful soul!!!

Kristen Borland said...

I am so, so, so sorry. I will pray for all of you.

Highfieldfamily said...

We are so sorry for you both. Ariana was lucky to spend a week with you both. Cherish the short amount of time you spent together. You will be a mommy and daddy again someday, but no child will ever replace Ariana.

Our Family of 5 said...

I am truly so very sad for you all. Sending special prayers to you all and especially to sweet little Ariana!

Tam said...

I am so very sorry...

Susan said...

My heart is breaking for you. I can't imagine the pain and sadness that the loss of Ariana Maria has brought to your family. She has such a beautiful smile and you can see how happy she was with you on your visit. Though she was with you a short time on this earth she will always live on in your heart.

May your hearts heal and find peace.

Anonymous said...

How awful, awful, awful. I can't imagine your pain. Know that God is with you even at this lowest point in your life, and our prayers are with you, too.

SueJ said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family is in my prayers. Hold the memories of your visit close to your heart through this difficult time.

Kelly said...

May God hold all of you in His hands.

Donna said...

Dear Aileen and Will,
We are heartbroken for you. My husband and I will be lifting your family up in prayer. I cannot imagine the heartache you must be suffering. But you are inspiring in your beauitiful post rejoicing in the time that you did have with Ariana. I pray that God wraps your hearts in peace during this incredibly difficult and sad time.

Michelle Smiles said...

I can't even express how sorry I am. No parent should have to face this.

Faith, Family, Future said...

Aileen,
You and your family are in our prayers constantly. We are so sorry for your loss.

I know she is resting in Jesus' arms and will be your angel forever.

God Bless,
Tammy

Cammie said...

Aileen,

I am so very sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you...

Cammie

Our Guatemalan Princess said...

Please know Aileen God does work in ways that's hard to understand sometimes. He does have a plan for you and your family and Ariana. There was a reason she touched so many lives and yours. I will pray for you and your family, the BM, and FM during this very difficult time.

Kristi said...

Will and Aileen - while I don't know you personally, I follow your blog and wanted to send you my most heartfelt condolensces in the passing of sweet Ariana! I know that your hearts are more than broken and nothing any of us could ever say could ever express how we truly feel. I ache for you and pray that you get some answers soon. May God bless you during this time.

Much love - Bamagirl!!!

jeck said...

Keeping you all in our prayers in this very difficult time!

Jessica

Gail said...

Will and Aileen,
I am almost at a loss for words with grief. I can't even imagine yours. I am so happy that you have the assurance of where sweet Ariana is, in the arms of Jesus. I am praying for you.
Gail

Victoria and Joe said...

I honestly can not even imagine your pain.. I am totally at a loss for words.. Please know we are all thinking of you...

Steve & Amy said...

My heart aches for you right now. I know that Ariana now has her wings and looks down at you from heaven with those big brown eyes. May God give you strength & peace in this difficult time.

Suzanne said...

I can't hardly believe what I am reading right now. My heart aches terribly for you.May you be comforted to know that she is in the arms of the Lord.

My thoughts and prayers are with you

Suzanne

Anonymous said...

I am shedding tears for you. My sympathy goes out to you my friend of this adoption world. There are no words and if my arms could reach you, I would give you a huge hug and dry your tears for a moment.

Paz,
Lisa Newcomer

Anonymous said...

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. We are praying for you as well as the foster family and birth mother. God bless you.

Prayers,
Gina

Anonymous said...

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace.

with all my heart,
stephanie

Nicole said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Courtney said...

Will and Aileen,
My heart breaks for you both. I am so sorry about losing precious Ariana. I know she will always hold a special place in your heart. I am so happy you had that time to meet her and make memories with her. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there. She was such a beautiful baby. Courtney

beanhead said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time.
Irene

Princess D said...

Aileen and Will,

I read your post tonight and my family is thinking of yours and lifting you up in our prayers. My heart aches for your loss and for this beautiful little girl. I am so glad that you got to be her parents even if for a short time. She obviously needed you both and you needed her. I know you are meant to be parents and things will work out for you when you are ready. Know that so many people are thinking of you and of your beautiful Ariana.
Hugs,
D

Anonymous said...

Dear Aileen and Will

I can hardly breathe with the pain of hearing this. I can only imagine what you are going through. These pictures and videos are so beautiful-I watched with tears flowing. What a beautiful angel. Be gentle with yourselves, feel what you feel, grieve and let God help you heal. We are praying for her and all who knew and loved her.

Barb Hadley said...

Leenie&Will

I am so sorry to hear about Ariana. She was a beautiful child and our hearts go out to you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike and Barb

Rosie's Mom said...

My heart breaks for you and your family. I am sitting here crying for your family and your precious baby. I know there are no words I can possibly say to make this better. But - do know that I am praying for you.

Nikki said...

My heart is broken for you. I am so, so sorry.

Nikki

Janice said...

Dear Aileen... I'm stunned....

I had spent quite a lot of time here the other evening looking at all of your wonderful photos and getting to know you and your beautiful little girl.

Please know that I will keep you in thoughts and prayers...

May God wrap his comforting arms around you and support you on this journey... May you also be comforted by the knowledge that Ariana truly knew the love of her mommy and daddy.

God Bless adorable lil Ariana....

janice

Stephanie said...

I can not imagine the hurt you are feeling. I pray that God will pore out his peace and love on you during this time. I pray that you hold on to the precious time God did allow you to have with your baby girl. She got to feel the love of her mommy and daddy.

There are no words. Just know there are lots of prayers on your behalf.

Praying for you.
stephanie

Chanan, Rachael and Hope said...

Aileen,
There are no words except the living words of God that can console us back to life again. Ariana was and is the most precious gift in the world. I have loved her as I have watched you love her. I will miss Ariana deeply and will visit her memory often.

Know that many are praying for you. Our heart truly goes out to you!

Love and Prayers,
Chanan and Rachael

redhawks said...

Aileen & Will...my heart is breaking for your family. I can't imagine what you're going thru. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you at this very difficult time.

Love & prayers,
Jen & Craig Torres

Ginger--Maya's mommy said...

My heart is aching for both of you!! Nobody deserves this. I know right now it is hard to see a reason. I am praying for peace. God will wrap his big ole arms around you and love you. Praying for you!!!

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I am so very very sorry. Your family is in my prayers.

Andrea

veggiemom said...

I'm so very sorry...
Kerri and Ruby

hannah said...

I am so sorry for your loss of Ariana. I can not even imagine what you are going through. I just want you to know that I will be praying for you and your family. I pray that the Lord pours out peace and comfort for you during this time.

May God Bless
Hannah

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. It is a loss that no family should have to deal with. My heart is breaking for you and your baby girl. I can tell from the video that during your time with her, she knew that her mommy and daddy loved her. She was a beautiful baby and I know that she is in the arms of Jesus now. Your family will be in my prayers along with all the sweet babies in Guatemala waiting.

Diane said...

I am so very sorry for your devastating loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this most difficult time.

~Isabel said...

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your daughter. I wish that i could come up with magic words of comfort for you heart, but the words escape me. Know that you and your family and little daughter are in my thoughts and prayers...

Kim said...

Will and Aileen~I am so sorry for what you must be going through right now. I will be praying for your family, the foster family and Ariana's birthmom.

Sarah said...

My deepest sympathies on the loss of your daughter. A parent should never have to lose their child. Will keep all of you in my prayers.

Sarah

B said...

God bless Ariana.

You all are in my prayers.

peace,
Beth

Elizabeth said...

Aileen,
I know no words could ever take your heartache and pain away. I pray the Lord will comfort your family and hold you close during this time.Your family will continue to be in my heart and in my prayers.

LouLou said...

Aileen,
I know that there are no words that can help right now, so I am praying that you are sitting in the palm of God's very own hand. We are all praying for you and Will.

Lou

Anonymous said...

Aileen & Will,
My heart goes out to you. There are no words to help ease this pain right now. I am praying for you, and for everyone touched by Ariana. Que Dios te bendiga, via con Dios.
Ana

The Heinrichs said...

OMG- my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry and at a loss for words. Our thoughts are with you, the foster family, the birth mother and your sweet Ariana.

The Heinrichs

Unknown said...

I am so sorry about your loss. There are no words, I am praying for all of you.

Anonymous said...

I am so so sorry. This is one of those moments in life when you ask God, "Why?" Why now? Why her? We'll be praying for you. Our God promises never to harm us, and to give us hope for the future. May he shine a light on your lives right now, pour a healing balm over your hearts. He will carry you through the storms.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful letter tribute to such a beautiful little girl. You will remain in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for such a strong peace to wash over you. May God bless you.

Amy said...

My heart reaches out to your family and the foster family of this precious little girl.

Praying for your family as you go through the grief. May you know the presence of the Lord as the days go by.

Guatemama said...

I am so very very sorry to hear about precious Ariana. Your letter is beautiful and I will pray for you and her as well.
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will remember your family in my prayers tonight.

Anonymous said...

Aileen and Will, we are all standing in the gap for you. The strength will come from Him....

Trish

Tony and Jen said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is just breaking for you.

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry for your devastating loss. My heart aches for you. I am praying that God will make himself known to you in amazing ways through this sorrow.

Anonymous said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. My deep condolences to you and your family.

Bekah said...

Oh Lord Jesus, I will never understand the pain and suffering people endure here on this earth and I have no words for this precious couple with broken hearts but I ask that your peace and strength would fill them even as the grieve. Hold them close like you are holding their sweet Ariana.

Colette said...

I am so very sorry for your terrible loss. Please have faith in your god fo rhis answers...they maynot come now...but they will in time. I am so so sorry. Hugs and blessings

jeffpope.com said...

Will and Aileen,
My prayers are with you. I do not know you but you are my brother and sister and my prayer for you is for comfort and healing. My words are simple but my heartfelt truth is of empathy. Your not alone....and neither is Ariana.

Stacie said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. May God look after your family at this time and provide you strength.

Greta Jo said...

Praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

My heart is breaking for you. I am lifting you up to the Throne Room... Jesus holds Ariana as surely as your heart does.
You are in my prayers.
A Sister in Christ, Kimberly

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

What can I say except, so so sorry for your loss. May God provide you with comfort during this tough time.

Marianne said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray that God provides your family comfort during this time.
Marianne

Shelly said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter. Praying God wraps His arms around you right now and comforts you.

Shelly

Rachael and her fellas said...

I heard about your blogspot page through my friends page. I don't know you and you don't know me but we are connected through Jesus Christ and he is enough. As difficult as this has to be this is not too big for GOD. Although as our flesh part of us doesn't understand why this happened remember that Jesus is in control and this was his divine plan. I know that one reason why this precious little lamb was here on this earth for such a brief time is so that you could post about your trials and triumphs while in this adoption process. The reason I say this is b/c watching your faithfullness and your zest to be in God's perfect plan has strengthened me as a christian and allowed me to realize that as we trust him he will help us and bless us continually.

Your Sister in Christ,
Rachael

Jason and Sabrina said...

Praying this moment that God will give you a sense of peace. I find your strength an inspiration--you have cherished the time you had her as your daughter. You may not have a document that lists you as her parents, but in your hearts, she is your little girl.

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your beautiful farewell to the darling Ariana Maria.

With love and prayers,
Sabrina
aprayerforyou.blogspot.com

Jason and Sabrina said...

Praying this moment that God will give you a sense of peace. I find your strength an inspiration--you have cherished the time you had her as your daughter. You may not have a document that lists you as her parents, but in your hearts, she is your little girl.

I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your beautiful farewell to the darling Ariana Maria.

With love and prayers,
Sabrina
aprayerforyou.blogspot.com

John, Shannon, Broderick, Camden, and Adalynn said...

Praying for you during this very difficult time...know that you are in His hands and though we may not always understand His plan-he knows our tomorrows and what He has in store for us has already been laid out. May God Bless you and your family today and always.

Frances said...

Will and Aileen,

My heart aches for you. My thoughts and prayers have been and will continue to be for you. No words can begin to express how deeply sorry I am. Be gentle to yourself during this time of grief.

Anonymous said...

Know that I am one of many praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

“To the world each one of us may be just one small person, but to one small person we may be the world.” author unknown

All our sympathy and love.
Your family is in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet Ariana. No parent should have to experience such grief. Praying for peace as you grieve your beautiful daughter.

Unknown said...

I am so very sorry for your devastating loss and unbelievable grief. May all of our prayers help to comfort you. We are grieving with you, as the loss of your Ariana is too immense to comprehend.

Danny and Brittney said...

Words can not express how sorry I am to hear about your sweet baby girl. Just know that we are praying for you during this time.

Gretchen said...

Will and Aileen,

The news of the loss of your daughter has devastated me. My heart breaks for you as I imagine the grief that you are going through. She was absolutely beautiful and was so lucky to be loved by such great parents. Your family is in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Aileen and Will - I came across your blog through a link posted on a friends site and I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss. I know that we do not know each other, however ince viewing your blog this morning, reading your entries, and viewing the videos I can not stop thinking of you and beautiful Ariana. As a mother I can not even imagine the pain of such a loss. My heart goes out to you both. Your family will be in my prayers.
Kim (Minnesota)

Anonymous said...

Dear Aileen and Will,
I don't know you, but am praying and have 18 third graders in my class praying for you. How precious that you had a week with your angel daughter and have the pictures and memories of that wonderful time. I was teaching my class the last verse of Amazing Grace on the same day your daughter went to Jesus, and the last verse reminds me that "When we've been there 10thousand years bright shining as the sun; we've no less days to sing God's praise than when we first begun." You will be Ariana's parents for all eternity and will spend it with her praising our Savior. The tears will be wiped away and you will never leave her again. Praise the name of our Lord.

Sandy

Irshlas said...

I'm sorry for the loss of your daughter. May your family and her first family find peace in this trying time.

Anonymous said...

We've never met, but my thoughts and prayers go out to you. May you find comfort in the memories of your brief time with Ariana and in the knowledge that you will one day be reunited.

Anonymous said...

Leenie, we just wanted to say how sorry we are to hear about Ariana. We also wanted to tell you that we love you guys and are thinking about you all. If you need ANYTHING please call.

Love
Sid, Becca, Owen, Logan & Jaylynn

Suzanne said...

Aileen and Will,

You have been on my mind ever since I heard the news. My heart aches for you and your family. I pray that the lord gives you the strength that you'll need to get through this terrible time.
My thoughts and prayers are with you both
Suzanne

Kristen Borland said...

When I left a comment on your post, I had no idea I'd be coming back here to say I know how you feel. On Wednesday we got that call. Our baby girl we were adopting from Guatemala died on the 15th. It is too strange that this happened the same day. And as we grieve, I think of you as well and pray for you.


www.kristenborland.blogspot.com

Chatter said...

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl Ariana. She is a beautiful girl. May God watch over you and your family.
Blessings,
Chandra

jeffpope.com said...

I am praying now for you and your family to feel the Peace That Passes ALL Understanding.

Taylor said...

We saw this website and we were so sad and we are praying for you guys.

Snowflowers Mum said...

Today I heard the news from a friend who is also adopting (different country), her son passed away today. She too is in shock and is dealing with her grief over losing her child.

I can offer only words, but two come to mind, the maori people of my country say 'Kia Kaha' when someone embarks on a physical or emotional journey, it means Stay Strong.

Kia Kaha Kia Kaha
Hayley

Ilana's Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ilana's Mommy said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is breaking for you. We are keeping you and your family in our prayers.

Robyn said...

I am so sorry about the loss of your precious daughter. My heart breaks for you. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers!!

Robyn

Soltana said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet baby girl. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Soltana

Anonymous said...

We will keep you in our prayers. We are so sorry for your loss.

The gFamily said...

I am so sorry for your loss! My heart aches for you! I pray that God gives you peace during this time!

Anonymous said...

Im sorry that you guys have to go through this..I don't know if there are any words that I or anyone can say that can bring comfort, but just know we all care and love you! Hang in there and keep your head up..and if you need to talk to anyone im a phone call away..I will keep you all in my prayers.I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
~Ariel C.

Nikki said...

OMG! Just last week I found your blog and learned about you and Ariana. When I received the heart-breaking news from my other blog friends, I wondered who it was and had to look around. My heart aches so badly for you and your family. Please know that you are in our prayers.

Sending lots of hugs from Colorado...

Jennifer said...

Saying a lot of prayers for you. I cannot imagine what you are going through. Please know that we all will be holding you close in our hearts and in our prayers.

Pineapple Princess said...

Still thinking about you every day and praying for you.

Love,
Stacy

demp5 said...

Just wanted to stop back by and tell you that your family is still in my thoughts and prayers. We have never met, but I would give you the biggest hug ever. God will meet you.
Blessings~
Meghan

Anonymous said...

still praying every day for you and will. may God hold you so close to His heart.
love from washington
kimberly

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Will and Aileen,

I saw your post on Kristen's blog....oh, I am just so unbelievably sorry. I am crying for all of you....I cannot imagine that kind of pain! It just seems so unfair. I am praying for comfort for both of you. Please Lord, have mercy on this precious family.

Praying,
Lindsey Wheeler

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Chris and Lindsey Wheeler's blog. I wanted to let you know that even though I do not know you...I have a heart for the people who are adopting from Guatemala (as my nephew was adopted from Guatemala). Please know that there are people in Little Rock Arkansas praying for you and your family.

demp5 said...

Aileen,
Hi. I saw your post on adoption.com, and wanted you to know that I read another blog today of a mother adopting from Guatemala whose baby also passed away. You may want to check it out - www.kristenborland.blogspot.com
Praying for you all,
Meghan

Dana said...

My heart breaks for you and can not even begin to imagine what you are feeling right now. I am so sorry to hear about your sweet little daughter. My thoughts are with you.

Debbie said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your daughter. I can't even imagine what you are thinking and feeling. God be with you and comfort you like no one else can!!

Debbie

Guatemala Flag

Guatemala Flag